The project is supported by the EU for a 3 year period with a 450,000 EUR budget. The aim is to build the capacity of SMEs and their intermediary organisations to comply with FLEGT and EUTR related requirements which means that they need to be able to document the legality of their wooden products and the supply chain of these products.
The project has set aside 36 months of work for the Project Coordinator to work with Vietnamese and NEPCon experts. The project is implemented by NEPCon in close partnership with the local partner SFMI (Research Institute for Sustainable Forest Management and Forest Certification). SFMI will undertake the employment of the Project Coordinator and take care of all employer responsibilities in Vietnam. The Project Coordinator is reporting to the international Chief Advisor who will be working for the project part time.
The Project is seeking for Project Coordinator. He/she will be working as day to day manager for the project and responsible for the coordination and implementation of project activities by the Vietnamese team of experts.
Details: Permanent full time staff
Start Date: March first 2014
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Leadership, coordination and supervision of all Vietnamese staff
- Representing the project together with the Chief Advisor (towards SMEs, important stakeholders, the Vietnamese EU delegation, authorities, and others)
- Ensuring acceptance and true value of project outputs for the Vietnamese SMEs and intermediary organizations. This activity will be closely coordinated with the Chief Advisor who is responsible for the overall implementation of the project.
- Engage in technical and training activities to be implemented. The technical quality and user friendliness for Vietnamese SMEs will be the main attention of the Project Coordinator.
- Activities to disseminate project results and ensure use of the toolkit after project end.
- Experience from work related to the wood processing industry (forestry) in Vietnam
- Excellent Vietnamese language and communication skills. High level of English skills.
- At least Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in fields related to Forest Products, Natural Resources Management, or similar;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Previous experience in project management, ideally of EU-funded projects, is an advantage
- Skills to work independently and as part of a team, and strong level of computer literacy
- Ability to travel intensively in Vietnam
- Commitment to the mission and activities of SFMI and NEPCon
Please click here for detail TOR of the position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit: a) Covering letter, and b) CV to Ms. Bach Minh Thang firstname.lastname@example.org with CC email@example.com before 26 January 2014.
Additional information: Research Institute for Sustainable Forest Management and Forest Certification firstname.lastname@example.org