The project is supported by the EU for a three year period with a 450,000 EUR budget. The aim is to build the capacity of SMEs and intermediary organizations to comply with FLEGT and EUTR related requirements which means that they need to be able to document their supply chains and the legality of their wooden products. The project is implemented by NEPCon in close partnership with the local partner SFMI (Research Institute for Sustainable Forest Management and Forest Certification).
The Project is seeking for Project Secretary. He/she will provide the day-to-day, practical support necessary to ensure the smooth-running of the project and will be responsible for logistic planning, administration and implementation of project activities by the Vietnamese and International team of experts.
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Details: Permanent full time staff
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: 28th February 2017
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support project staff to fulfil administrative requirements;
- Assist in the travel planning of project staff (including booking transport and accommodation);
- Assist in the development of project outputs as far as possible (layout, printing, webpage uploads, some quality assurance);
- Practical planning and invitations to workshops and other events as well as other communication related to practical issues;
- Participate in events to help ensure smooth running (including such tasks as registering participants, collecting receipts);
- Assess information as requested by experts of the team;
- Update the project webpage and translate information in project material from English to Vietnamese and from Vietnamese to English, sometimes to act as interpreter; and
- Ensure that any request for additional information and support from the target group is forwarded to the technical team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent Vietnamese language and communication skills;
- High level of English skills;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Strong level of computer literacy, including databases, Adobe, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Willingness to travel in Vietnam when required;
- Education/training as business administrator or secretary;
- Previous experience in the wood processing industry or intermediary organizations (e.g. trade associations); and
- Previous experience in project support, ideally of EU-funded projects.
Interested candidates are invited to submit: a) Covering letter and b) CV to Ms Duong Thi Lien, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com no later than 10 June 2014.