|UN-REDD Viet Nam Phase II Programme|
Programme Executing Agency: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD)
Programme Implementing Partner: Viet Nam Administration of Forestry (VNFOREST)
UN Partners: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Implementation period: 2013 – 2018
Funding: Norwegian government
Programme areas: national level, 6 pilot provinces (Lao Cai, Bac Kan, Ha Tinh, Binh Thuan, Lam Dong and Ca Mau) and other forested provinces.
The UN-REDD Viet Nam Phase II Programme is to enhance Viet Nam’s ability to benefit from future results-based payments for REDD+ and undertake transformational changes in the forestry sector.
No information for the time-being
Outcome 1: Capacities for an operational National REDD+ Action Programme (NRAP) are in place
Output 1.1: NRAP updated as necessary
Output 1.2: Building an effective mechanism to generate knowledge, organize policy dialogues, and feed policy recommendations is adopted and functioning
Output 1.3: Law enforcement capacity and mechanisms are developed to enhance effective forest law enforcement in pilot provinces.
Output 1.4: Awareness on climate change and REDD+ raised among key stakeholders at national and sub-national levels through enhanced communication and dissemination of lessons learned
Output 1.5 Action plans for greater sustainability of production of raw material in aquaculture, coffee, rubber and timber industries implemented.
Outcome 2: The six pilot provinces enabled to plan and implement REDD+ actions
Output 2.1: REDD+ institutions in the six pilot provinces established, and REDD+ mainstreamed into FPDP
Output 2.2: Awareness on climate change and REDD+ raised among provincial, district and commune officials and other key stakeholders in six pilot provinces
Output 2.3: Site-based REDD+ Activity Plans and Provincial REDD+ Action Plans in the six pilot provinces are finalized
Output 2.5: NFMS: Monitoring framework in the six pilot provinces established, including participatory monitoring.
Outcome 3: The NFMS for monitoring and MRV, and the NRIS on safeguards are operational
Output 3.1: NFMS related information is systematically archived and made accessible according to permission standards.
Output 3.2: NFMS – Land Monitoring System (LMS) developed.
Output 3.3: NFMS – Emission Factors (EF) developed
Output 3.4: NFMS: Institutional arrangement for compiling REDD+ GHG-Inventory clarified.
Output 3.5: Interim performance indicators and REL/FRL established
Outcome 4: Stakeholders at different levels are able to receive positive incentives.
Output 4.1: National REDD+ Fund (NRF) operational.
A - Programme Documents:
1. UN-REDD Phase II Programme Document (signed 29 July 2013) - Annex G
2. Validation workshop (17 January 2013) minutes
3. Terms of Reference of Tier 2
4. The materials of the National Inception Workshop
5. Review of Viet Nam's National REDD+ Action Programme and its Implementation
6. Approved three-year extention proposal
7. Programme Implementation Manual (PIM)
6. Viet Nam’s Modified Submission on Reference Levels for REDD+ Results Based Payments under the UNFCCC
7. Viet Nam’s Submission on Reference Levels for REDD+ Results Based Payments under the UNFCCC
8. ANNEX to Viet Nam National Forest Reference Level Development: Report on Calculation of Forest Carbon Stocks and Emission/Removal Factors from NFIMAP Cycles I to IV Plot Measurement Data
9. ANNEX to Viet Nam National Forest Reference Level Development: Report on Historical processes of forest cover map generation and the description of the latest map review and Activity Data generation process
B - Other documents
1. Newsletter - Issue 1
2. Video: UN-REDD Viet Nam Phase II Programme in Bac Kan province
3. REDD+ Academy Learning Journal
4. REDD+ Glossary (Vietnamese only)
5. Provincial REDD+ Action Plans (PRAPs) (Ca Mau - Ha Tinh - Binh Thuan - Lao Cai - Bac Kan)
6. Stakeholder Analysis & Stakeholder Engagement for the Implementation of National REDD Action Plan in Viet Nam
7. MoU between Ha Tinh DARD and Department of Agriculture and Forestry of Bolikhamxay and Khammounae on coordination mechanism in VN-Lao border areas on the control of trafficking of timber, non-timer forest products, wild animals in 2015 - 2016 (Click here)
8. UN-REDD Booklet (download Vietnamese only)
9. REDD+ posters and standees (poster / standees Vietnamese only)
10. Technical brochures on Community-based Forest Management, Forest and Forestland Allocation, PRAP, Regional Cooperation, Sustainable Forest Management and SIRAP.
11. Integrated land-use planning for REDD+: lessons from combining spatial analysis and participatory approaches at the sub-national level in Viet Nam
C - Focal point/Contact person:
Mr. Vu Xuan Thon
National Programme Director
UN-REDD Viet Nam Phase II Programme
No. 14, Thuy Khue Street, Tay Ho, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel.: (04)-37286520 Fax: (04)-37286514
24/07/2018 10:05' AM
19/03/2018 10:50' AM
16/01/2018 11:05' PM